Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Chicken, Mushroom & Spinach Rice
These are approximate ingredients (I made it on the fly, remember?)
3 Chicken breasts
1 Package mushrooms
4 Cups raw spinach
2-3 Cups rice (I used jasmine, but I think brown rice would give it a great nutty flavor.)
4 T butter
1-2 Shots Dry Sherry
1. Cook the chicken in oil on the stove top in a large pan (enough to hold everything when it's done.) Place in a bowl, leaving juices in the pan.
2. Add the onion and shallots, cook until almost tender.
3. Add mushrooms to the onion mixture.
4. Add 4 T butter to the onion mixture and let melt.
5. Add spinach to the mixture.
6. Add dry sherry or whatever you've got on hand.
7. Cook until spinach is wilted.
8. Add rice.
9. Add cooked chicken. Heat throughouly.
Top with Parmesan cheese or whatever you've got that sounds good.
Katya (4.5) and David (3) loved it and even had seconds! I'm so happy I have kids with a sophisticated pallet. It makes my time in the kitchen so much more rewarding and tasty, too!